Accounting Manager (Berkeley, CA)
Location: Berkeley, CA
From a team that has been instrumental in the development of leading 3D printing and advanced manufacturing technologies comes the biggest development yet. If you like to be challenged in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary dynamic team environment and work with top, innovative talent, then Arris Composites is the ideal company for you to build your career.
We are seeking an Accounting Manager with five or more years of accounting and financial management experience for our Berkeley office. The ideal candidate should be organized, flexible, and pragmatic, with an appreciation for why the pennies matter.
- Prepare monthly financial statements in accordance with GAAP and internal accounting policies
- Review (and/or post) all financial transactions in ERP system and research/resolve discrepancies as necessary
- Perform monthly bank account reconciliations
- Track divisional financial performance against quarterly budgets and provide regular reporting and analysis
- Develop and manage AP/AR processes and procedures
- Oversee employee expense management and reimbursement system
- Manage and track tax activities — working with outside tax accountants — to ensure tax compliance and accurate tax accounting
- Develop and implement cost accounting methodology, ensure operational compliance, and perform variance analysis
- Facilitate regular inventory audits
- Assist with various audit requirements as needed
- Provide strategic financial guidance and help to manage risk as we grow into a global manufacturing company
- Five years of hands-on accounting experience, preferably in a production/manufacturing environment
- Degree in accounting or related field; CPA and/or MBA preferred
- Fluent in English
- Mandarin Chinese skills are valuable
- International transaction/tax experience preferred
- Netsuite experience preferred
- Excellent references
- Competitive salary with equity
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability,
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Paid parental leave
- Generous vacation policy
- Fantastic 401k matching plan
- Pre-tax commuter benefits program
- Healthy snacks, sparkling water, extremely addictive peanut butter pretzels
This position is in Berkeley, CA. It’s within walking distance to Amtrak, ~1.5 miles from BART, and ~ 1 mile from the Marina Ferry (direct from SF Ferry Building).
To Apply: Please send your resume to: email@example.com
Arris Composites recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
At Arris Composites, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work. We pride ourselves on providing best-in-class solutions to our customers around the world; our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
Arris Composites’ dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in our organization. Diversity is more than a commitment at Arris Composites—it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
We maintain a policy of non-discrimination in providing equal employment to all qualified employees and candidates regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran’s status, or other legally protected classification in the state or locality in which a person is employed.