Additive Molding Manufacturing Engineer (Berkeley, CA)
Location: Berkeley, CA
From a team that has been instrumental in the development of leading 3D printing and advanced manufacturing technologies comes the biggest development yet. If you like to be challenged in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary dynamic team environment and work with top, innovative talent, then Arris Composites is the ideal company for you to build a career.
Arris Composites is seeking an experienced composite process engineer with five or more years of experience using composite materials to produce parts. You are a problem solver with a knack for 3D thinking. You have experience building/working with mechanical and electrical devices, a deep intuitive sense of Newtonian physics, and a desire for elegance. You should be experienced in developing, prototyping, and improving your designs in close collaboration with a skilled team.
As our Additive Manufacturing Molding Engineer, You Will:
- Create and optimize the process of using composite materials to create end-use parts
- Select the proper methods to achieve the target specifications (e.g. mechanical, thermal, dimensional, surface finish, etc.)
- Determine the processing conditions needed to achieve target specifications (e.g. mechanical, thermal, dimensional, surface finish, etc.)
- Be responsible for hands-on prototyping, fabrication, testing of new molding processes
- Work on simple electromechanical design and assembly
- Manage exquisite record keeping and ability to statistically deduce information from data
- Manufacture workflow and process improvement.
- Work collaboratively with technical and non-technical team members to achieve shared goals
- Relay complex engineering decisions to a team of technicians
- Estimate technical risk and time to complete tasks
- Work with a multidisciplinary team in a dynamic work environment
You Will Ideally Bring:
- Minimum BS in mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, operations research, manufacturing engineering, materials science or similar
- 5+ years experience working in manufacturing
- Experience in bonding, welding, melting, and processing of thermoplastic or thermoset composite materials
- Experience in correlating out-of-specification parts to process, material, and/or design issues
- Experience in controlling thermal contraction and expansion of thermoplastic composites during processing
- Experience with impregnating and wetting out fibers with thermoplastic resin ● Knowledge of composite laminate theory and optimal fiber alignments ● Excellent attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication skills. You can sketch well enough to communicate complex ideas
- Vision and can respectfully disagree when you see things differently than others but you also can recognize when your concept isn’t the one that we’re moving forward with, and you can get 100 percent behind the new direction ● Great professional references
- Portfolio links welcomed and encouraged
- Competitive salary with equity
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability, ● Flexible Spending Account (FSA) & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Pre-tax commuter benefits program
- Fantastic 401k matching plan
- Paid parental leave
- Generous vacation policy
- Healthy snacks, sparkling water, extremely addictive peanut butter pretzels Location
This position is in Berkeley, CA. It’s within walking distance to Amtrak, ~1.5 miles from BART, and ~ 1 mile from the Marina Ferry (direct from SF Ferry Building)
To Apply: Please send your resume to: email@example.com
Arris Composites recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
At Arris Composites, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work. We pride ourselves on providing best-in-class solutions to our customers around the world; our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
Arris Composites’ dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in our organization. Diversity is more than a commitment at Arris Composites—it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us dif erent.
We maintain a policy of non-discrimination in providing equal employment to all qualified employees and candidates regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran’s status, or other legally protected classification in the state or locality in which a person is employed.