Advanced Composite Technician (Berkeley, CA)
Location: Berkeley, CA
From a team that has been instrumental in the development of leading 3D printing and
advanced manufacturing technologies comes the biggest development yet. If you like to be challenged in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary dynamic team environment and work with top, innovative talent, then Arris Composites is the ideal company for you to build a career.
This is an experienced-level position in the manufacturing area, responsible for the set up and operation of equipment and manufactured parts. Our Advanced Composites Technicians ensure the highest quality product at the lowest possible cost, while meeting customer specifications and delivery requirements in accordance with Arris Composites’ procedures.
As our Advanced Composite Technician, You Will:
- Operate computer-controlled machines used in advanced composites manufacturing; check all controls for adherence to operating/safety procedures
- Examine materials visually or physically to ensure conformance with established standards
- Perform all required machine, tool, and work area cleaning
- Complete and maintains required paperwork and/or documents
- Notify supervisors and engineers of any issues, problems, or concerns in a timely manner
You will Ideally Bring:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Strong mechanical skills and prior work history, preferably in manufacturing (injection molding/compression molding/composites/tooling)
- The ability to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
- The ability to use proper safety equipment as dictated by the work area, such as safety glasses, steel toed shoes, respirator, face shield, hearing protection, gloves, aprons, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of composite materials highly desired
- Competitive salary with equity
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability,
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Pre-tax commuter benefits program
- Fantastic 401k matching plan
- Paid parental leave
- Generous vacation policy
- Healthy snacks, sparkling water, extremely addictive peanut butter pretzels
This position is in Berkeley, CA. It’s within walking distance to Amtrak, ~1.5 miles from BART, and ~ 1 mile from the Marina Ferry (direct from SF Ferry Building)
To Apply: Please send your resume to: email@example.com
Arris Composites recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
At Arris Composites, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work. We pride ourselves on providing best-in-class solutions to our customers around the world; our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
Arris Composites’ dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in our organization. Diversity is more than a commitment at Arris Composites—it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
We maintain a policy of non-discrimination in providing equal employment to all qualified employees and candidates regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran’s status, or other legally protected classification in the state or locality in which a person is employed.