Advanced Composite Technician
From a team that has been instrumental in the development of leading 3D printing and
advanced manufacturing technologies comes the biggest development yet. If you like to be challenged in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary dynamic team environment and to work with top, innovative talent, then Arris Composites is the ideal company for you to build a career.
This is an experienced-level position in the manufacturing area, responsible for the set up & operation of equipment and manufacture parts. The advanced composites technician ensures the highest quality product at the lowest possible costs while meeting customer specifications and delivery requirements in accordance with Arris Composites procedures.
- Operates computer controlled machine used in advanced composites manufacturing, checking all controls for adherence to operating/safety procedures
- Knowledge and understanding of composite materials highly desired
- Examines materials visually or physically to ensure conformance with established standards
- Notifies supervisor/engineers of any issues, problems or concerns in a timely manner
- Performs all required machine/tool/work area cleaning
- Completes and maintains required paperwork and/or documents
- Excellent attendance; flexibility to work swing shift
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Candidate must have strong mechanical skills and prior work history, preferably in manufacturing (Injection molding/compression molding/composites/tooling)
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 55 pounds
- Use safety equipment as dictated by the work area such as safety glasses, steel toed shoes, respirator, face shield, hearing protection, gloves, aprons, etc.
- Must be able to communicate clearly (written and verbal)
Benefits include health, vision, dental, life insurance, and snacks including but not limited to peanut butter pretzels.
This position is in Berkeley, CA. It’s within walking distance to Amtrak, ~1.5 miles from BART, and ~ 1 mile from the Marina Ferry (direct from SF Ferry Building)
Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Arris Composites, Inc. maintains a policy of non-discrimination in providing equal employment to all qualified employees and candidates regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran’s status, or other legally protected classification in the state or locality in which a person is employed.