Advanced Materials Production Engineer (Berkeley, CA)
Location: Berkeley, CA
From a team that has been instrumental in the development of leading 3D printing and advanced manufacturing technologies comes the biggest development yet. At higher strength and lower density than titanium, carbon fiber composites hold the potential to change the world by unlocking novel design architectures that deliver unparalleled performance at lighter weight. Despite this potential, the complexity and cost of designing and manufacturing these materials has limited their use to high-end, niche applications. Arris Composites has solved this problem and some of the top companies in the world have taken notice. New design latitude and improved performance provides competitive advantages for leaders across the industrial and consumer markets. Your view of composites is about to change.
Arris Composites is seeking an Advanced Materials Production Engineer with an operations and process skill set. When issues arise, you’re driven to figure out root causes with the team and quickly identify potential solutions. When things are smoothly running in production, you are still looking for areas of opportunity to improve the overall process flow (faster speeds, better quality, consistent results, lights out operation). You’re deeply committed to quality and efficiency and have a desire to streamline technical workflows. You can understand a production process and make decisions to maintain, optimize, and streamline production.
As our Advanced Materials Production Engineer, You will:
- Schedule material production runs
- Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers and vendors
- Maintain up-to-date inventory for raw and finished materials
- Maintain supplies necessary for materials handling and production
- Material purchasing (obtain quotes, submit purchase orders) – experience with NetSuite a bonus
- Schedule machine maintenance and calibration work
- Setup efficient operations and SOPs to start/stop/repair manufacturing line ● Bring manufacturing line to lights-out, overnight operation capability
- Inform the setup of a quality system for assessing vendor quality and in-house material quality? ● Troubleshoot process and equipment problems
- Work collaboratively with technical and non-technical team members to achieve shared goals ● Work with a multidisciplinary team in a dynamic work environment
- Do whatever it takes to get the job done right
You Will Ideally Bring:
- Minimum BS in mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, or operations ● Great manufacturing and process understanding
- Fantastic organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication skills; You can provide technical raw material qualifications to a non-technical audience
- Vision and can respectfully disagree when you see things differently than others; You also recognize when your concept isn’t the one that we’re moving forward with, and you can get 100 percent behind the new direction
- Great references
- Competitive salary and equity
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA) ● Pre-tax commuter benefits program
- Fantastic 401k matching plan
- Paid parental leave
- Generous vacation policy
- Healthy snacks, sparkling water, extremely addictive peanut butter pretzels
To Apply: Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is in Berkeley, CA. It’s within walking distance to Amtrak, ~1.5 miles from BART, and ~1 mile from the Marina Ferry (direct from SF Ferry Building).
Arris Composites recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
At Arris Composites, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work. We pride ourselves on providing best-in-class solutions to our customers around the world; our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
Arris Composites’ dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in our organization. Diversity is more than a commitment at Arris Composites—it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
We maintain a policy of non-discrimination in providing equal employment to all qualified employees and candidates regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran’s status, or other legally protected classification in the state or locality in which a person is employed.