Aerospace Applications Development Lead
From a team that has been instrumental in the development of leading 3D printing and advanced manufacturing technologies comes the biggest development yet. At higher strength and lower density than titanium, carbon fiber composites hold the potential to change the world by unlocking novel design architectures that deliver unparalleled performance at lighter weights. Despite this potential, the complexity and cost of designing and manufacturing these anisotropic materials has limited their use to high-end, niche applications. Arris Composites has solved this problem and some of the top companies in the world have taken notice. New design latitude and improved performance provides competitive advantages for leaders across the industrial and consumer markets. Your view of composites is about to change.
Arris Composites is seeking an experienced mechanical designer/engineer with five or more years of experience designing aerospace structures. You are a problem solver with a knack for 3D thinking, experience building advanced structures and a desire for elegance. You should be experienced in developing, prototyping and improving your designs in close collaboration with a skilled team. You should be a thought leader in your field with a keen sense and reputation of finding what’s next for the industry.
- Design, prototype and improve composite aerospace structures.
- Hands-on and management of prototyping, fabrication, testing of new composite structural assemblies.
- Work collaboratively with technical and non-technical team members to achieve shared goals.
- CAD (Solidworks).
- Estimate technical risk and time to complete tasks.
- Work with a multidisciplinary team in a dynamic work environment.
- Minimum MS in mechanical engineering or related degree
- 5+ years experience designing novel mechanical systems/equipment
- Great mechanical design chops
- CAD skills including assemblies, simulation and FEA.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You have vision. People look to you for what’s next. You listen really well and communicate based on what you hear. You can respectfully disagree when you see things differently than others. But you also can recognize when your concept isn’t the one that’s moving forward, and you can get 100 percent behind the new direction.
- Great references.
- Benefits include health, vision, dental, and life insurance, and snacks including but not limited to peanut butter pretzels.
- This position is in Berkeley, CA. It’s within walking distance to Amtrak, ~1.5 miles from BART, and ~ 1 mile from the Marina Ferry (direct from SF Ferry Building)
- Please send your application to: email@example.com
- A short cover letter showing us that you have read this ad and are responding to our needs.
- Your resume, in .pdf format.
Arris Composites, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.