Business Controller (Hsinchu, Taiwan)
From a team that has been instrumental in the development of leading 3D printing and advanced manufacturing technologies comes the biggest development yet. At higher strength and lower density than titanium, carbon fiber composites hold the potential to change the world by unlocking novel design architectures that deliver unparalleled performance at lighter weights. Despite this potential, the complexity and cost of designing and manufacturing these anisotropic materials has limited their use to high-end, niche applications. Arris Composites has solved this problem and top companies in the world have taken notice. New design latitude and improved performance provides competitive advantages for leaders across the industrial and consumer markets. Your view of composites is about to change.
Arris Composites is seeking a Business Controller with five or more years of relevant experience to spearhead our administrative and financial operations in Taiwan. As our first employee in the region, you will serve as the key administrative and financial leader to deploy and scale a new manufacturing facility for our advanced carbon composite production technology.
Initial responsibilities (establishment) include:
- Facilitating the establishment of an advanced manufacturing facility in Taiwan, starting with the determination of a suitable location/site
- Serving as a key business representative in Taiwan with customers, suppliers, partners, and local government officials
- Building administrative and financial systems and processes from the ground-up, including the local implementation of our ERP system and supporting HR administration
- Cash management
- Ensuring compliance with local laws/regulations with support of legal consultants
- Tax planning/analysis with support of global tax advisors
- Helping to build our local HR, logistics, and finance/accounting teams
- Various small projects required to start and scale operations
- Establishing employee benefit programs
- Establishing payroll system
- Establishing cost approval system
Steady state responsibilities (post-establishment) include:
- Producing and presenting detailed monthly financial statements, including the reconciliation of multi-currency intracompany transactions
- Producing and presenting detailed per project spend reports, including identifying areas for cost savings and/or avoidance
- Producing and presenting financial health reports of key customers and suppliers, as well as industry trends
- Managerial accounting and cost/variance analysis to support the Head of Production
- Supporting global tax reporting and planning as well as audit requirements as needed
- Cash management
- Overseeing local inventory transactions and cycle counts
- Developing and maintaining accounting policies and records
- Serving as the lead administrative contact for the local operations
- Various small projects required to maintain successful operations
- Some international travel may be required (less than 20% of time)
- Ability to speak and write English and Mandarin fluently
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and international business environment
- Highly-motivated, great attention detail, and able to work independently and remotely with minimum daily oversight
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business; MBA preferred
- Qualified accountant (CPA or similar) preferred
- Familiar with GAAP and local tax laws/requirements
- Minimum 5 years of relevant accounting/financial experience, preferably within a high-volume manufacturing or custom tooling operation
- Proven financial/business management experience
- You have vision and know how to respectfully disagree when you see things differently than your colleagues. But you are also flexible and will whole-heartedly support a new direction, even when it is not your own idea
- Excellent professional references
Competitive salary commensurate with experience
This position is based in Taipei or Hsinchu City, ultimately depending on where we choose to locate our new manufacturing facility
Please send your resume and a brief cover letter to: email@example.com
Arris Composites recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
At Arris Composites, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work. We pride ourselves on providing best-in-class solutions to our customers around the world; our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
Arris Composites’ dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in our organization. Diversity is more than a commitment at Arris Composites—it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
We maintain a policy of non-discrimination in providing equal employment to all qualified employees and candidates regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran’s status, or other legally protected classification in the state or locality in which a person is employed.