From a team that has been instrumental in the development of leading 3D printing and advanced manufacturing technologies comes the biggest development yet. At higher strength and lower density than titanium, carbon fiber composites hold the potential to change the world by unlocking novel design architectures that deliver unparalleled performance at lighter weights. Despite this potential, the complexity and cost of designing and manufacturing these anisotropic materials has limited their use to high-end, niche applications. Arris Composites has solved this problem and some of the top companies in the world have taken notice. New design latitude and improved performance provides competitive advantages for leaders across the industrial and consumer markets. Your view of composites is about to change.
Arris Composites is seeking an experienced controls engineer with at least three years of industry experience. You are a problem solver with a knack for optimization and elegance, building great automated systems, and a keen sense of when good-enough is good enough. You should be experienced in developing, prototyping and improving in close collaboration with a skilled team.
- Back end automation systems
- Robot PLCs
- Vision systems
- Sensor network
- Development of automation program architecture
- Familiar with MES systems integration with automated systems
- Cycle count
- Failure Recovery
- Safety Systems
- Modular coding architecture
- Test Set-ups
Nice to Have
- High Level MES Architecture
- 3-5+ years experience
- Benefits include health, vision, dental, and life insurance, and snacks including but not limited to peanut butter pretzels.
- This position is in Berkeley, CA. It’s within walking distance to Amtrak, ~1.5 miles from BART, and ~ 1 mile from the Marina Ferry (direct from SF Ferry Building)
- Please send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A short cover letter showing us that you have read this ad and are responding to our needs.
- Your resume, in .pdf format.
Arris Composites, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.