Electrical Engineer (Berkeley, CA)
Location: Berkeley, CA
From a team that has been instrumental in the development of leading 3D printing and advanced manufacturing technologies comes the biggest development yet. If you like to be challenged in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary dynamic team environment and work with top, innovative talent, then Arris Composites is the ideal company for you to build a career.
This position is responsible for design, development, support and improvement of power distribution and control of industrial equipment together with a team of mechanical and software engineers. Other tasks include directing and coordinating manufacturing, installation, maintenance, support documentation and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, and customer requirements.
- Develops Arris’ internal electrical standards compliant with local and federal regulations
- Design and maintain: panel schematics, electrical BOM’s, one-one assembly drawings
- Prepare specifications for purchase of materials and equipment
- Lead UL, CE, or CCC panel certification projects
- Guide and support research and development project teams on technically relevant equipment and experimentation
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of (5) years technical and hands on experience with a proven work history
- Experience in using Electrical CAD (Solidworks preferred), or a desire to learn required software
- Basic industrial programming knowledge
- Must be an excellent verbal and written communicator with documentation
- Maintain detailed meeting and progress records
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, ambiguous and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work on multiple projects and prioritize in accordance with leadership goals
- Willingness to adapt to new tools and processes to improve communication and organizational efficiency
- Competitive salary with equity
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability,
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Pre-tax commuter benefits program
- Fantastic 401k matching plan
- Paid parental leave
- Generous vacation policy
- Healthy snacks, sparkling water, extremely addictive peanut butter pretzels
This position is in Berkeley, CA. It’s within walking distance to Amtrak, ~1.5 miles from BART, and ~ 1 mile from the Marina Ferry (direct from SF Ferry Building)
To Apply: Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Arris Composites recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
At Arris Composites, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work. We pride ourselves on providing best-in-class solutions to our customers around the world; our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
Arris Composites’ dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in our organization. Diversity is more than a commitment at Arris Composites—it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
We maintain a policy of non-discrimination in providing equal employment to all qualified employees and candidates regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran’s status, or other legally protected classification in the state or locality in which a person is employed.