Electrical Engineer (Berkeley, CA)
Location: Berkeley, CA
From a team that has been instrumental in the development of leading 3D printing and advanced manufacturing technologies comes the biggest development yet. At higher strength and lower density than titanium, carbon fiber composites hold the potential to change the world by unlocking novel design architectures that deliver unparalleled performance at lighter weights. Despite this potential, the complexity and cost of designing and manufacturing these anisotropic materials has limited their use to high-end, niche applications. Arris Composites has solved this problem and some of the top companies in the world have taken notice. New design latitude and improved performance provides competitive advantages for leaders across the industrial and consumer markets. Your view of composites is about to change.
This position is responsible for design, development, support and improvement of power distribution and control of industrial equipment together with a team of mechanical and software engineers. Other tasks include directing and coordinating manufacturing, installation, maintenance, support documentation and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, and customer requirements.
As our Electrical Engineer, You Will:
- Develops Arris’ internal electrical standards compliant with local and federal regulations
- Design and maintain: panel and distribution schematics, electrical BOM’s, one-one assembly drawings
- Prepare specifications for purchase of materials and equipment ● Validate and approve vendor designs and builds
- Lead UL, CE, or CCC panel certification projects depending on location ● Guide and support research and development project teams on technically relevant equipment and experimentation
You will Ideally Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of (5) years technical and hands on experience with a proven work history
- Experience in using Electrical CAD (Solidworks preferred), or a desire to learn required software
- Basic industrial programming knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication with documentation ● The ability to maintain detailed meetings and progress records
- The ability to work effectively in a fast paced, ambiguous and rapidly changing environment
- The ability to work on multiple projects and prioritize in accordance with leadership goals
- Willingness to adapt to new tools and processes to improve communication and organizational efficiency
- The willingness to travel
- Competitive salary with equity
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability, ● Flexible Spending Account (FSA) & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Pre-tax commuter benefits program
- Fantastic 401k matching plan
- Paid parental leave
- Generous vacation policy
- Healthy snacks, sparkling water, extremely addictive peanut butter pretzels
This position is in Berkeley, CA. It’s within walking distance to Amtrak, ~1.5 miles from BART, and ~ 1 mile from the Marina Ferry (direct from SF Ferry Building)
To Apply: Please send your resume to: email@example.com
Arris Composites recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
At Arris Composites, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work. We pride ourselves on providing best-in-class solutions to our customers around the world; our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
Arris Composites’ dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in our organization. Diversity is more than a commitment at Arris Composites—it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual
orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us dif erent.
We maintain a policy of non-discrimination in providing equal employment to all qualified employees and candidates regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran’s status, or other legally protected classification in the state or locality in which a person is employed.