IT Manager (Berkeley, CA)
From a team that has been instrumental in the development of leading 3D printing and advanced manufacturing technologies comes the biggest development yet. At higher strength and lower density than titanium, carbon fiber composites hold the potential to change the world by unlocking novel design architectures that deliver unparalleled performance at lighter weights. Despite this potential, the complexity and cost of designing and manufacturing these anisotropic materials has limited their use to high-end, niche applications. Arris Composites has solved this problem and some of the top companies in the world have taken notice. New design latitude and improved performance provides competitive advantages for leaders across the industrial and consumer markets. Your view of composites is about to change.
Development of robust IT infrastructure can deliver greater adaptability, flexibility, and sustainability for Arris Composites. As Arris’ IT Manager, you will ensure efficient and smooth business operations that are not disrupted by IT related challenges or technical difficulties. As part of a rapidly expanding team, you will be critical in setting up and managing systems that protect and facilitate our growth through technologically advanced installations.
As Our IT Manager, You Will:
- Maintain and monitor all network, security, and computer systems.
- Responsible for management, maintenance, and architecture of storage, virtualized environment, servers, network devices, source code repositories, and productivity tools for a rapidly growing startup.
- Work with various vendors, consultants, and service providers to deliver and maintain IT services.
- Resolve issues and prepare status reviews and reports.
- Professionally represent the IT team as a technical consultant on business projects.
- Maintain the necessary project plans and documentation of all IT systems.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of current infrastructure and future trends.
- Support mobile BYOD platforms (Android, iOS).
- Create, follow, and maintain documentation and standards.
- Identification of new software and/or hardware to suit requirements.
You Will Ideally Bring:
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience
- Solid technical background including infrastructure, networks, hardware, and software.
- Good knowledge of IT security.
- Experience implementing and managing monitoring, logging, and alerting tools.
- Ability to identify incident trends in order to elevate incidents in accordance with standard protocols.
- Able to gather and present information systematically to troubleshoot, resolve, and report on issues.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
- Able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Good analytical, problem solving, documentation, and decision making skills.
- Understanding and practical application of ITIL (Incident, problem, change management, for example) in a startup environment.
- Working knowledge of enterprise authentication systems (Active Directory, LDAP, Okta, 802.11x)
- Familiarity with mixed Windows and Mac environments.
- Experience working with FlexLM licensing a plus.
- Experience administering Google Apps.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Competitive salary with equity
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability, Flexible Spending Account (FSA) & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Pre-tax commuter benefits program
- Fantastic 401k matching plan
- Paid parental leave
- Generous vacation policy
- Healthy snacks, sparkling water, extremely addictive peanut butter pretzels
This position is in Berkeley, CA. It’s within walking distance to Amtrak, ~1.5 miles from BART, and ~1 mile from the Marina Ferry (direct from SF Ferry Building).
To Apply: Please send your resume to: email@example.com
Arris Composites recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
At Arris Composites, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work. We pride ourselves on providing best-in-class solutions to our customers around the world; our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
Arris Composites’ dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in our organization. Diversity is more than a commitment at Arris Composites—it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
We maintain a policy of non-discrimination in providing equal employment to all qualified employees and candidates regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran’s status, or other legally protected classification in the state or locality in which a person is employed.