Machinist and Technical Fabricator (Berkeley, CA)
Location: Berkeley, CA
From a team that has been instrumental in the development of leading 3D printing and advanced manufacturing technologies comes the biggest development yet. If you like to be challenged in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary dynamic team environment and work with top, innovative talent, then Arris Composites is the ideal company for you to build your career.
We are seeking an experienced machinist with two or more years of experience with CAM’ing and machining parts. The ideal candidate should be solution-oriented and enjoy solving difficult machining problems. You take pride in your work and should be experienced in developing machining solutions in close collaboration with a skilled team.
- Design, machine, and assemble fixtures and jigs
- CAM for 2.5D and 3D parts for machining on 3-axis CNC machine
- Operation of CNC milling machine
- Manual machining with mill, lathe, and other basic machine shop equipment
- Inspect machined parts to ensure they meet required tolerances
- Precision machining of various parts
- Troubleshoot problems with machine tools or custom machinery
- Maintain and routinely clean machine tools and production equipment
- Work with a multidisciplinary team in a dynamic work environment
- Minimum of two years experience as a machinist
- Experience in machining of precision parts
- Experience with 2.5D CAM software
- Experience with 3D CAD software
- Experience managing and balancing rapidly changing priorities and deadlines
- Preferred not required, ability to read, interpret, and create GD&T engineered drawings
- Preferred (not required) experience with 3D CAM software and machining strategies
- Competitive salary with equity
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability,
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Paid parental leave
- Generous vacation policy
- Fantastic 401k matching plan
- Pre-tax commuter benefits program
- Healthy snacks, sparkling water, extremely addictive peanut butter pretzels
This position is in Berkeley, CA. It’s within walking distance to Amtrak, ~1.5 miles from BART, and ~ 1 mile from the Marina Ferry (direct from SF Ferry Building)
To Apply: Please send your resume to: email@example.com
Arris Composites recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
At Arris Composites, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work. We pride ourselves on providing best-in-class solutions to our customers around the world; our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
Arris Composites’ dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in our organization. Diversity is more than a commitment at Arris Composites—it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
We maintain a policy of non-discrimination in providing equal employment to all qualified employees and candidates regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran’s status, or other legally protected classification in the state or locality in which a person is employed.