Machinist and Technical Fabricator
From a team that has been instrumental in the development of leading 3D printing and advanced manufacturing technologies comes the biggest development yet. At higher strength and lower density than titanium, carbon fiber composites hold the potential to change the world by unlocking novel design architectures that deliver unparalleled performance at lighter weights. Despite this potential, the complexity and cost of designing and manufacturing these anisotropic materials has limited their use to high-end, niche applications. Arris Composites has solved this problem and some of the top companies in the world have taken notice. New design latitude and improved performance provides competitive advantages for leaders across the industrial and consumer markets. Your view of composites is about to change.
- Design, machine, and assemble fixtures and jigs
- CAM for 2.5D and 3D parts for machining on 3-axis CNC machine
- Operation of CNC milling machine
- Manual machining with mill, lathe, and other basic machine shop equipment
- Inspect machined parts to ensure they meet required tolerances
- Precision machining of various parts
- Troubleshoot problems with machine tools or custom machinery
- Maintain and routinely clean machine tools and production equipment
- Work with a multidisciplinary team in a dynamic work environment
- 2+ years experience as a machinist
- Experience in machining of precision parts
- Experience with 2.5D CAM software
- Experience with 3D CAD software
- Experience managing and balancing rapidly changing priorities and deadlines
Nice to have
- Ability to read, interpret, and create GD&T engineered drawings
- Experience with 3D CAM software and machining strategies
- Benefits include health, vision, dental, and life insurance, and snacks including but not limited to peanut butter pretzels.
- This position is in Berkeley, CA. It’s within walking distance to Amtrak, ~1.5 miles from BART, and ~ 1 mile from the Marina Ferry (direct from SF Ferry Building)
- Please send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A short cover letter showing us that you have read this ad and are responding to our needs.
- Your resume, in .pdf format.
Arris Composites, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.