Mechanical Design Engineer (Berkeley, CA)
Location: Berkeley, CA
From a team that has been instrumental in the development of leading 3D printing and advanced manufacturing technologies comes the biggest development yet. If you like to be challenged in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary dynamic team environment and work with top, innovative talent, then Arris Composites is the ideal company for you to build a career.
Arris Composites is seeking an experienced mechanical designer/engineer with five or more years of experience with mechanical design for production manufacturing and automation. You are a problem solver with a knack for 3D thinking, experience building working mechanical devices, a deep intuitive sense of Newtonian physics, and a desire for elegance. You should be experienced in developing, prototyping and improving your designs in close collaboration with a skilled team.
- Design, prototype and improve novel manufacturing/production equipment
- Hands-on prototyping, fabrication, testing of new systems and processes
- Work collaboratively with technical and non-technical team members to achieve shared goals
- Estimate technical risk and time to complete tasks
- Work with a multidisciplinary team in a dynamic work environment
- Draft engineering drawings for manufacturing
- Execute PFMEA’s
- Minimum MS in Mechanical Engineering
- Exposure to designing composites and a solid foundation in materials
- 5+ years experience designing novel mechanical systems/equipment
- Great mechanical design and solid hands-on prototyping chops
- Good to excellent CAD skills including complex assemblies, tolerancing, drawings, BOMs (Solidworks preferred)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience in design for manufacturing
- Good written and verbal communication skills. You can sketch well enough to communicate complex ideas
- You have vision and can respectfully disagree when you see things differently than others. But you also can recognize when your concept isn’t the one that we’re moving forward with, and you can get 100 percent behind the new direction
- Great references
- Competitive salary with equity
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, paid parental leave, life insurance, long term disability, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA), Commuter Benefits & a fantastic 401k matching plan
- Generous vacation policy
- Brilliant, kind, and curious team members: We’re serious about what we do and where Arris is heading, but we like to have fun while solving tough problems!
- East Bay location: work in Berkeley near Aquatic Park with plentiful, free street parking. Walking distance to Amtrak, 1.5 miles from BART, and 1 mile from the Berkeley Marina Ferry (direct ferry from SF Ferry Building)
- Healthy snacks, sparkling water, extremely addictive peanut butter pretzels
This position is in Berkeley, CA. It’s within walking distance to Amtrak, ~1.5 miles from BART, and ~ 1 mile from the Marina Ferry (direct from SF Ferry Building)
To Apply: Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Arris Composites recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
At Arris Composites, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work. We pride ourselves on providing best-in-class solutions to our customers around the world; our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
Arris Composites’ dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in our organization. Diversity is more than a commitment at Arris Composites—it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
We maintain a policy of non-discrimination in providing equal employment to all qualified employees and candidates regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran’s status, or other legally protected classification in the state or locality in which a person is employed.