Mold Maintenance Technician (Berkeley, CA)
Location: Berkeley, CA
From a team that has been instrumental in the development of leading 3D printing and advanced manufacturing technologies comes the biggest development yet. If you like to be challenged in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary dynamic team environment and work with top, innovative talent, then Arris Composites is the ideal company for you to build a career.
Arris Composites is seeking a Mold Maintenance Technician. This position is responsible for the disassembly, cleaning and reassembly of Compression Molding Tooling with a high-level of accuracy. Other tasks include troubleshooting tooling problems, minor repairs, configuration changes, and the replacement of tooling components.
- Performs minor repairs or replacement of mold components as necessary
- Disassembles complex mold tooling for cleaning and repair. Cleaning includes disassembly of mold, thoroughly cleaning each piece of the mold, and inspecting for wear and damage
- Fits and assembles component parts into mold cavities and verifies dimensions, alignment and clearance
- Assists in developing the first preventative maintenance plan for all new molds
- Performs general housekeeping of the work area
- Sets up and operates various shop machinery including grinders, drills, mills, lathes, and various hand tools necessary to perform mold repairs
- Interacts with molding operators to ensure efficient operations and timely repairs, maintaining a strong professional demeanor while possessing a “can-do” attitude
- Monitors mold usage and performs preventative maintenance at determined intervals
- Minimum education is a high school diploma or equivalent
- Experience with set-up and/or programming of manual lathes, mills and/or surface grinders required
- Minimum of (3) years of hands-on technical experience with a proven work history
- Experience with repair and maintenance of molds is required
- Must possess a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, ambiguous and rapidly-changing environment.
- Ability to multitask and work on multiple projects.
- Ability to read and interpret mold component drawings
- Competitive salary with equity
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability,
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Pre-tax commuter benefits program
- Fantastic 401k matching plan
- Paid parental leave
- Generous vacation policy
- Healthy snacks, sparkling water, extremely addictive peanut butter pretzels
This position is in Berkeley, CA. It’s within walking distance to Amtrak, ~1.5 miles from BART, and ~ 1 mile from the Marina Ferry (direct from SF Ferry Building)
To Apply: Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Arris Composites recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
At Arris Composites, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work. We pride ourselves on providing best-in-class solutions to our customers around the world; our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
Arris Composites’ dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in our organization. Diversity is more than a commitment at Arris Composites—it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
We maintain a policy of non-discrimination in providing equal employment to all qualified employees and candidates regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran’s status, or other legally protected classification in the state or locality in which a person is employed.