Mold / Tooling Engineer (Berkeley, CA)
Location: Berkeley, CA
From a team that has been instrumental in the development of leading 3D printing and advanced manufacturing technologies comes the biggest development yet. If you like to be challenged in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary dynamic team environment and work with top, innovative talent, then Arris Composites is the ideal company for you to build a career.
Arris Composites is seeking a Mechanical Engineer who is interested in a mold / tooling engineer position focused on designing and building compression molds for R&D and/or production manufacturing. You will be responsible for the design, specifications, sourcing and qualification of tooling to support Arris Composites. You are a natural problem solver with a knack for 3D thinking, experience building working mechanical devices, and a desire for elegance. You should be a team player with a great attitude and a desire to constantly learn and improve.
- Responsible for specification and design of robust compression mold tooling required for product performance and cosmetic requirements
- Create detailed GD&T drawings for mold components
- Refine molding systems to meet specifications with high levels of repeatability and reliability
- Responsible for coordination of maintenance and repair of tooling for high volume product lines
- Work closely with mold makers to ensure molds will meet Arris Composites’ mold standards to produce high quality parts
- Maintain a completion and progress chart to meet Company build dates
- Inform manufacturing of status of equipment, discuss tooling and equipment problems and present an open channel of communication
- Identify areas for improvement and optimize tool availability, cycle time, utilization and cost
- Work closely with thermal engineers to optimize mold geometry for cycle time and heat distribution.
- Minimum BS in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience designing mechanical systems / equipment
- Good CAD skills including assemblies, tolerancing, drawings and BOM’s
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work with a multidisciplinary team in a dynamic work environment
- Excellent theoretical and applied knowledge of mechanical engineering concepts
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent references
- Machine shop experience
- Competitive salary with equity
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability,
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Pre-tax commuter benefits program
- Fantastic 401k matching plan
- Paid parental leave
- Generous vacation policy
- Healthy snacks, sparkling water, extremely addictive peanut butter pretzels
This position is in Berkeley, CA. It’s within walking distance to Amtrak, ~1.5 miles from BART, and ~ 1 mile from the Marina Ferry (direct from SF Ferry Building)
To Apply: Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Arris Composites recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
At Arris Composites, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work. We pride ourselves on providing best-in-class solutions to our customers around the world; our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
Arris Composites’ dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in our organization. Diversity is more than a commitment at Arris Composites—it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
We maintain a policy of non-discrimination in providing equal employment to all qualified employees and candidates regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran’s status, or other legally protected classification in the state or locality in which a person is employed.