Mold / Tooling Engineer (Hsinchu, Taiwan)
Location: Hsinchu, Taiwan
From a team that has been instrumental in the development of leading 3D printing and advanced manufacturing technologies comes the biggest development yet. If you like to be challenged in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary dynamic team environment and work with top, innovative talent, then Arris Composites is the ideal company for you to build a career.
Arris Composites is seeking an experienced mold / tooling engineer with designing compression or injection molds for R&D and/or production manufacturing. You will be responsible for the specifications, sourcing and qualification of tooling to support Arris Composites. The role includes new product development support as well as tool lifecycle management and cost savings projects.
- Responsible for specification and design of robust and complex injection mold / compression mold tooling required for product performance and cosmetic requirements
- Design high precision multi cavity molds
- Create detailed GD&T drawings for mold components
- Refine molding systems to meet specifications with high levels of repeatability and reliability
- Responsible for coordination of maintenance and repair of tooling for several high volume product lines
- Work closely with mold makers to ensure molds will meet Arris Composites mold standards to produce high quality parts
- Set up and maintain a completion and progress chart to meet Company build dates
- Inform manufacturing of status of equipment, discuss tooling and equipment problems and present an open channel of communication
- Identify areas for improvement and optimize tool availability, cycle time, utilization and cost
- Minimum BS in Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years experience designing molding systems / equipment
- Excellent CAD skills including assemblies, tolerancing, drawings and BOM’S
- Solidworks preferred
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work with a multidisciplinary team in a dynamic work environment
- Excellent theoretical and applied knowledge of mechanical engineering concepts
- Proficient with the use of Design for Manufacturing, SPC, DOE and Six Sigma techniques
- Working knowledge of plastic and composite materials
- Tooling standards compliance
- Tool trouble-shooting and problem resolution
- Excellent references
- Competitive salary with equity
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability,
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Pre-tax commuter benefits program
- Fantastic 401k matching plan
- Paid parental leave
- Generous vacation policy
- Healthy snacks, sparkling water, extremely addictive peanut butter pretzels
This position is in Berkeley, CA. It’s within walking distance to Amtrak, ~1.5 miles from BART, and ~ 1 mile from the Marina Ferry (direct from SF Ferry Building)
To Apply: Please send your resume to: email@example.com
Arris Composites recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
At Arris Composites, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work. We pride ourselves on providing best-in-class solutions to our customers around the world; our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
Arris Composites’ dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in our organization. Diversity is more than a commitment at Arris Composites—it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
We maintain a policy of non-discrimination in providing equal employment to all qualified employees and candidates regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran’s status, or other legally protected classification in the state or locality in which a person is employed.