Production Operator and Technician
From a team that has been instrumental in the development of leading 3D printing and advanced manufacturing technologies comes the biggest development yet. At higher strength and lower density than titanium, carbon fiber composites hold the potential to change the world by unlocking novel design architectures that deliver unparalleled performance at lighter weights. Despite this potential, the complexity and cost of designing and manufacturing these anisotropic materials has limited their use to high-end, niche applications. Arris Composites has solved this problem and some of the top companies in the world have taken notice. New design latitude and improved performance provides competitive advantages for leaders across the industrial and consumer markets. Your view of composites is about to change.
- Prepare build lists based on priority of production parts
- Operate industrial production equipment to produce production parts
- Inspect final parts and ensure they meet the required specifications
- Build, assemble, and integrate new equipment into the production line
- Log data collected during production runs
- Monitor trends from the data collected during production runs
- Identify problems and issues with the manufacturing process and part quality
- Seek out continuous improvement opportunities for the manufacturing process and part quality
- Troubleshoot nonconforming aspects of the manufacturing process or part quality
- Maintain and routinely clean production equipment
- Have flexibility to occasionally work later nights or weekends when necessary
- Work with a multidisciplinary team in a dynamic work environment
- 5+ years experience operating production equipment
- Experience in troubleshooting problems with production equipment
- Experience managing and balancing rapidly changing priorities and deadlines
- Benefits include health, vision, dental, and life insurance, and snacks including but not limited to peanut butter pretzels.
- This position is in Berkeley, CA. It’s within walking distance to Amtrak, ~1.5 miles from BART, and ~ 1 mile from the Marina Ferry (direct from SF Ferry Building)
- Please send your application to: email@example.com
- A short cover letter showing us that you have read this ad and are responding to our needs.
- Your resume, in .pdf format.
Arris Composites, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.