R&D Process Engineer (Berkeley, CA)
From a team that has been instrumental in the development of leading 3D printing and advanced manufacturing technologies comes the biggest development yet. At higher strength and lower density than titanium, carbon fiber composites hold the potential to change the world by unlocking novel design architectures that deliver unparalleled performance at lighter weights. Despite this potential, the complexity and cost of designing and manufacturing these anisotropic materials has limited their use to high-end, niche applications. Arris Composites has solved this problem and some of the top companies in the world have taken notice. New design latitude and improved performance provides competitive advantages for leaders across the industrial and consumer markets. Your view of composites is about to change.
Arris Composites is seeking an experienced process engineer with four or more years of experience in manufacturing, process R&D, and/or mechanical/electrical testing. You are a problem solver with a knack for hands on trial-and-error experimentation, first principles analysis, and designing and building custom test setups. This role will enable various new product capabilities to a differentiated design portfolio.
As Our R&D Process Engineer, You Will:
- Design, prototype and improve novel manufacturing processes
- Work with hands-on experimental production and testing of new product capabilities by assessing both mechanical and electrical performance criteria
- Work collaboratively with technical and non-technical colleagues to effectively and safely produce parts for testing
- Estimate technical risk to complete tasks, and establish and communicate development timelines across teams
- Quantify part performance via statistical analysis, and consult on implementation into production applications
You Will Ideally Bring:
- Minimum of a BS in Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering, MS preferred
- 4+ years manufacturing experience, ideally in an R&D or process development setting
- Mechanical/electrical design and hands-on prototyping experience
- The ability to draw confident and meaningful conclusions from rapid prototyping
- A thorough understanding of design of experiments and statistical analysis tools
- Excellent attention to detail and thorough documentation practices
- Good written and verbal communication skills; You are very capable of communicating effectively with cross disciplinary experts to achieve interdependent objectives
- Competitive salary with equity
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Pre-tax commuter benefits program
- Fantastic 401k matching plan
- Paid parental leave
- Generous vacation policy
- Healthy snacks, sparkling water, extremely addictive peanut butter pretzels
This position is in Berkeley, CA. It’s within walking distance to Amtrak, ~1.5 miles from BART, and ~ 1 mile from the Marina Ferry (direct from SF Ferry Building)
To Apply: Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Arris Composites recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
At Arris Composites, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work. We pride ourselves on providing best-in-class solutions to our customers around the world; our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
Arris Composites’ dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in our organization. Diversity is more than a commitment at Arris Composites—it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
We maintain a policy of non-discrimination in providing equal employment to all qualified employees and candidates regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran’s status, or other legally protected classification in the state or locality in which a person is employed.