Robotics + Automation Engineer
From a team that has been instrumental in the development of leading 3D printing and advanced manufacturing technologies comes the biggest development yet. At higher strength and lower density than titanium, carbon fiber composites hold the potential to change the world by unlocking novel design architectures that deliver unparalleled performance at lighter weights. Despite this potential, the complexity and cost of designing and manufacturing these anisotropic materials has limited their use to high-end, niche applications. Arris Composites has solved this problem and some of the top companies in the world have taken notice. New design latitude and improved performance provides competitive advantages for leaders across the industrial and consumer markets. Your view of composites is about to change.
Arris Composites is seeking an experienced robotics & automation engineer with five or more years of experience specifying, modifying, commissioning and programming robotics systems. You are a problem solver with a knack for 3D thinking, experience building nearly every aspect of industrial robotic cells, and a desire for elegance. Your background should include motion control, installing/wiring/programming PLCs, industrial robots and robotic systems, and integrating robotics into industrial environments.
- Work closely with engineering team to specify, install, program and commission industrial robotic systems including 6 axis robots, scara robots, sensors, and other customized robotic components.
- Customize robotic equipment
- Hands-on testing of new systems and processes
- Work collaboratively with technical and non-technical team members to achieve shared goals.
- CAD (Solidworks).
- Estimate technical risk and time to complete tasks
- Work with a multidisciplinary team in a dynamic work environment
- 5+ years experience designing and implementing robotics systems
- Great mechanical design and solid hands-on prototyping chops
- Good to CAD skills, SolidWorks preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Great references.
- Benefits include health, vision, dental, and life insurance, and snacks including but not limited to peanut butter pretzels.
- This position is in Berkeley, CA. It’s within walking distance to Amtrak, ~1.5 miles from BART, and ~ 1 mile from the Marina Ferry (direct from SF Ferry Building)
- Please send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A short cover letter showing us that you have read this ad and are responding to our needs.
- Your resume, in .pdf format.
Arris Composites, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.