Senior Controls Engineer
Location: Berkeley, CA
From a team that has been instrumental in the development of leading 3D printing and advanced manufacturing technologies comes the biggest development yet. At higher strength and lower density than titanium, carbon fiber composites hold the potential to change the world by unlocking novel design architectures that deliver unparalleled performance at lighter weights. Despite this potential, the complexity and cost of designing and manufacturing these anisotropic materials has limited their use to high-end, niche applications. Arris Composites has solved this problem and some of the top companies in the world have taken notice. New design latitude and improved performance provides competitive advantages for leaders across the industrial and consumer markets. Your view of composites is about to change.
Arris Composites is seeking an experienced Controls Engineer with at least five years of industry experience. You are a problem solver with a knack for optimizing innovative solutions. You understand the needs of high volume manufacturing platforms and your skills are cross-functional across many automation control disciplines. You work well under pressure, you’re a self-starter and can meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
As an Arris Senior Controls Engineer, you will analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to develop automation systems control configurations. You will develop functional specifications, coding strategies, logic, and control configuration structures.
You will develop and direct software system testing and validation procedures, and oversee all configuration and documentation.
As our Senior Controls Engineer, You Will:
- Develop engineering documentation
- Troubleshoot equipment and processes
- Optimize Overall Operations Effectiveness (OEE) of manufacturing equipment ● Automate failure detection and recovery
- Follow modular coding architecture and best practices
- Use revision and source control
- Build physical and digital test set-ups
- Design and implement robust, maintainable software and hardware to address key challenges
- Be adaptable and able to work on any challenges that arise as the business grows
Design and implement software automation to reduce repetitive tasks and improve engineering quality:
- Implement pipelines for PLC library management, testing and deployment ● Specify infrastructure necessary to host robust engineering services ● Implement source control for managing tracking software and hardware assets
Assist with the specification and design of equipment, including:
- Robotics path and system integration
- PLC/IPC program and networking
- Vision systems
- Sensor networks
- Safety system implementation and validation
Design and implement software and data systems to:
- Orchestrate high level equipment processes
- Collect and analyze equipment data
- Report key metrics such as OEE to enable data-driven decisions
- Develop database and reporting functions.
You Will Ideally Bring:
- 3+ years experience in controls software engineering
- Knowledge / ability to read electrical schematics
- Git user knowledge
- Proficient with soft PLC (Beckhoff) and real time operating systems
- Test-driven development experience
- Design system communications based on chosen networks and communication protocols
- Competitive salary with equity
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability, Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA) & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Pre-tax commuter benefits program
- Fantastic 401k matching plan
- Paid parental leave
- Generous vacation policy
- Healthy snacks, sparkling water, extremely addictive peanut butter pretzels
Please note: At this time we are not accepting resumes from recruiting or staffing agencies. We appreciate your interest.
This position is in Berkeley, CA. It’s within walking distance to Amtrak, ~1.5 miles from BART, and ~ 1 mile from the Marina Ferry (direct from SF Ferry Building)
To Apply: Please send your resume to: email@example.com
Arris Composites recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
At Arris Composites, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work. We pride ourselves on providing best-in-class solutions to our customers around the world; our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
Arris Composites’ dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in our organization. Diversity is more than a commitment at Arris Composites—it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
We maintain a policy of non-discrimination in providing equal employment to all qualified employees and candidates regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, religion, national
origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran’s status, or other legally protected classification in the state or locality in which a person is employed.