Senior Process Engineer- Embedded Systems (Berkeley, CA)
Location: Berkeley, CA
From a team that has been instrumental in the development of leading 3D printing and advanced manufacturing technologies comes the biggest development yet. At higher strength and lower density than titanium, carbon fiber composites hold the potential to change the world by unlocking novel design architectures that deliver unparalleled performance at lighter weight. Despite this potential, the complexity and cost of designing and manufacturing these materials has limited their use to high-end, niche applications. Arris Composites has solved this problem and some of the top companies in the world have taken notice. New design latitude and improved performance provides competitive advantages for leaders across the industrial and consumer markets. Your view of composites is about to change.
We are seeking a senior process engineer with experience integrating and interfacing with electronic components, such as antennas, batteries, QI charging coils, etc. You will manage the R&D projects involving embedded electronics and composite high performance structures. You are the creative-type that enjoys brainstorming potential solutions to a problem, but also diving in to rapidly test out the viability of these solutions. When you come across obstacles or surprising results, you quickly come up with a number of potential root causes and narrow down the list based on your intuition and the results at hand.
As our Senior Process Engineer, You Will:
- Design, prototype and improve novel process capabilities around embedding features in composite parts that meet customer requirements
- Understand electrical properties (loss tangent, RF, etc.) of integrated composite structures ● Work with business development and customers to understand the need from the product side ● Narrow down customer needs to concrete R&D process studies that inform the viability or capability in achieving these needs.
- Manage advanced composite technicians for the production composite parts based on the experiments you design.
- Devise test setups
- Work collaboratively with technical and non-technical team members to achieve shared goals. ● CAD (Solidworks)
- Estimate technical risk and time to complete tasks and communicate with project teams ● Work with a multidisciplinary team in a dynamic work environment
You Will Ideally Bring:
- 5+ years experience in process development involving electronic components and ideally with experience in composites
- Experience with hands-on prototyping, fabrication, and testing of new systems and processes ● Experience characterizing and understanding RF, loss tangent, charging efficiency, and other electrical properties in products.
- Experience testing effectiveness of antennae performance in novel structures ● Experience working with composite materials (bonus if it involves molding/tooling and extra bonus if this involves thermoplastic resins)
- Meticulous and have extremely high standards and problem solving skills
- BS Engineering (Mechanical, Materials, or Quality)
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal
- Competitive salary with equity
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA) ● Paid parental leave
- Generous vacation policy
- Fantastic 401k matching plan
- Pre-tax commuter benefits program
- Healthy snacks, sparkling water, extremely addictive peanut butter pretzels
This position is in Berkeley, CA. It’s within walking distance to Amtrak, ~1.5 miles from BART, and ~ 1 mile from the Marina Ferry (direct from SF Ferry Building)
To Apply: Please send your resume to: email@example.com
Arris Composites recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
At Arris Composites, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work. We pride ourselves on providing best-in-class solutions to our customers around the world; our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
Arris Composites’ dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in our organization. Diversity is more than a commitment at Arris Composites—it is the foundation of
what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
We maintain a policy of non-discrimination in providing equal employment to all qualified employees and candidates regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran’s status, or other legally protected classification in the state or locality in which a person is employed.